Thursday, December 27, 2012

Natural vs Synthetic: God's NATURAL Intentions

As you saw with my last post, I have been on this all-natural, clean & pure, journey/hike/observation lately. It all began with the idea of chemical-free lotion. I started with two simple ingredients- Coconut Oil and Vitamin E oil. I loved it! (You can find my recipe below this post) I loved it so much that I shared a batch with an awesome lady, whom I like to call my Diana Barry (please tell me you know what that is in reference to...). From there, we kind of went a little crazy. Our recipe morphed into a deliciously soft and decadent body butter, and we made some great brown sugar body scrub to go with it. We had such a great time making it, and we had such soft and silky skin, simply from all-natural, found-in-God's-Green-Earth natural oils & butters!

Then the epiphany happened. God, in all His wisdom and power, created this Earth and everything on it. So obviously, He created these natural oils and butters, too! And for a good reason! I like to think that God knew we women would be obsessed with being soft and feminine- after all, He DID create us with that in our hearts, did He not? - and so, being the thoughtful Provider that He is, I believe He created fruits and nuts and all sorts of herbs with many benefits for healthy nutrition as well as natural body care, for those softer humans who enjoy a little pampering now and then! :-)

Obviously, our focus should not be on the outward appearances, but on the heart (1 Samuel 16:7), and we know that beauty is vain, in that it will someday all be lost and have no point or benefit on eternity (Proverbs 31:30), so we should focus on knowing the LORD. I agree wholeheartedly!

My point is this: women will always have a small, or great, desire to look their best and feel their best about themselves. They will buy SOME sort of beauty product to make them smoother, softer, less wrinkly, and more toned up. So, do they go to synthetic, lab-created, chemical-laden, cancer & infertility-causing products? Or will they go to the natural and pure substances found in nature, created especially by God?

Here's a thought: nothing ever occurs to God. There is NO way that God created the coconut without knowing that within that coconut laid precious oils that would soften and bring health back to damaged hair. True, the thought of hair repair oil is pathetic in comparison to the great many things God sees and cares for, but the simple fact that He created such a wonderful and pure substance that just happens to help us women out is just amazing!

Am I the only one who is amazed by this thought? We go to such great lengths and expense to make ourselves beautiful and soft with over-priced chemicals, eventually ruining our health and bodies. Yet, there are so many pure alternatives out there that God created, with absolutely no health risks or problems, just waiting to surprise us in our old age!

So let me step off my homemade soap box, and tell you that you might be seeing more body product recipes on here from now on. I will still be posting food recipes, too, which reminds me I need to put up a new post-Christmas traditional soup we made! And you can bet that they will be mostly organic and healthy! Jes and I are working towards making healthy choices in our everyday life. Decadent body products are now, proudly, one of them!

~~~~*~~~*~~~*~~~~
 Here is a list of what products I have already made. I'll be posting some recipes later:
  • Decadent Body Butter
  • Brown Sugar & Vanilla Body Scrub
  • Organic Hair Gel - works wonders for Curly Girls!
  • Organic Hair Spray - works wonders for Curly Girls!
  • Hot Oil Scalp & Hair Repair
  • Dandruff Treatment (for the boys!)
  • Athletes Foot Treatment (for the boys!)
I only use Cal Ben Five-Star Shampoo, which is just a combination of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Cocoa Fat Essence (cocoa butter), and Vegetable Protein Conditioner. It's SOO wonderful! Try it out for yourself! It's very inexpensive, and a lot goes a long way! It smells great, too!

2 comments: